In today’s market having a website is not enough. It is important for local businesses to have a mobile website as well.
A mobile website is different than simply seeing your website on a mobile phone. A mobile optimized site is designed specifically for mobile devices and consumers know the difference.
Did you know that people searching for local businesses on mobile are in “buying mode”? Statistics show that mobile searchers are ready to take action.
Which Website Do You Think Your Customers Would Rather View On Their Mobile Device?
Here’s the number 1 reason why a mobile site is so important for local businesses: Google has gone mobile. On June 11, 2013 Google declared that:
“ALL businesses must have mobile websites now to rank well in mobile search”
The marketplace has shifted, and in today’s world consumers have gone mobile. Mobile Local Searches = FAST SALES. Here are some stats:
- 70 – 90% of local searches convert to a sale the very same day
- 95% of smartphone users have searched for local businesses
- Over 50% of consumers want to make a purchase within 1 hour of conducting research on their smartphone. (Source: Google)
- 64% Of Mobile Restaurant Searchers Convert “Immediately Or Within 1 Hour”. 90 % “convert within the day” (by Nielsen and commissioned by Telmetrics and xAd)
- 93% of people who use mobile to research go on to complete a purchase (most happen in physical stores). (Source: Google/Nielsen)
- More Google searches take place on mobile devices than on computers. (Source: Google)
- 3 out of 5 consumers search for local businesses on their smartphone (ReachLocal)
- 80% of mobile searches trigger store visits that happen within 5 hours of the initial search. (Source:The Google Mobile Playbook)
- By 2016, the number of mobile devices is expected to surpass the world’s population–an 18-fold increase between 2011 and 2016 (Cisco)
Statistics show that you not only do you need to appear in mobile searches, but you must have a mobile optimized site:
- 48% of mobile visitors who visit a site that is not mobile-friendly felt that the company just didn’t care about their business (Google Study)
- 27% of consumers will leave a site if it’s not mobile-friendly. (Source:ExactTarget)
- 57% of mobile consumers wouldn’t recommend a business with a bad mobile website to a friend. (Source: Google)
Once you have a mobile site, it doesn’t stop there. It is important to take advantage of this new platform to drive customers to your business.
- Digital coupons are redeemed 10X more than print coupons
- 30% of consumers have shown a mobile coupon to a cashier at checkout. (Source:Street Fight)
- 47% of mobile users want retailers to send them coupons to their device when they are in/near a store. (Source:Street Fight)
- Nearly one in three would like brands to send them promotions via mobile device (KO Marketing Associates)
Want to find out how to take advantage of this powerful platform to drive more customers to your business? At Carmichael, we can show you how to go beyond simply having a mobile website and transform it into a Mobile Marketing Money Machine.
Contact us today and we can discuss what we can do to help your business grow!